Conference News and Updates
- Tuesday Dinner Shuttle. On Tuesday night, there will be an UNT sponsored shuttle bus running between Renaissance and Trinity Groves. Click for more details.
- For dining options and local information, check the ACM SIGSPATIAL 2014 Locality Guide.
- The conference is this week! For information on transportation from the airports to the conference hotel, see the venue and accommodations page.
- Register now for ACM SIGSPATIAL 2014. Early registration is available until
Oct. 14Oct. 21.
- This year's keynote speeches are:
- Luc Vincent, Google - Mapping the World with Street View
- Dinesh Manocha, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Interactive Crowd Simulation for Spatial Analysis of Indoor and Outdoor Environments
- The conference program and schedule have been posted.
- NSF travel grants for US-based students are available (deadline
Sept. 22Sept. 29).
- Google travel grants for international students are available (deadline
Sept. 22Sept. 29).
- The list of accepted papers has been posted.
- Conference Registration. Visit the conference registration site to register for ACM SIGSPATIAL 2014.
- The conference is being held at the Renaissance Dallas Hotel. Please check the venue and accommodations page for booking information.
- Information is available for participants requiring a visa.
- The ACM SIGSPATIAL 2014 Workshops have been announced.
- The paper submission site is now available.
- The list of Program Committee Members has been posted.
- Announcing the 2014 SIGSPATIAL Cup. This year's competition focuses on map generalization.
- The Call for Papers has been posted.
The ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems 2014 (ACM SIGSPATIAL 2014) is the twenty-second event in a series of symposia and workshops that began in 1993 with the aim of bringing together researchers, developers, users, and practitioners in relation to novel systems based on geo-spatial data and knowledge, and fostering interdisciplinary discussions and research in all aspects of geographic information systems. The conference provides a forum for original research contributions covering all conceptual, design, and implementation aspects of geospatial data ranging from applications, user interfaces, and visualization to data storage and query processing and indexing. The conference is the premier annual event of the ACM Special Interest Group on Spatial Information (ACM SIGSPATIAL). Researchers, students, and practitioners are invited to submit their contributions to ACM SIGSPATIAL 2014.